Sustainability Reporting Specialist
We are seeking an experienced sustainability reporting and communications consultant to join our Los Angeles-based team. The position is an 8-month temporary contract with the potential to join permanently after that period.
The job is currently a remote position. You must be available to start in November 2020.
- Report writing — Working with our team (L.A. and occasionally London), you will be part of our core client facing project team. We need to boost our report writing resource and this will be the prime activity during the initial contract period. Our other consultancy work mix includes, strategy, research, communications, and social media.
- Project management — You will project-manage sustainability reports ensuring our work is delivered on time, on budget, and to the required standard. Ownership of your work and quality control will be key.
- Client management — You will be in a client facing role, building strong relationships based on quality and pride in our work. You will need to quickly develop a deep understanding of our key clients’ businesses, individuals, and programs. We are currently working with clients in fashion, consumer electronics, healthcare, pharma, and tech.
You will have:
- A passion for sustainability and a strong understanding of business approaches to environmental and social issues
- Proven agency experience planning and writing client sustainability reports including up-to-date knowledge of standards and best practice
- Strong writing skills with ability to adopt a variety of styles
- Excellent project management skills with a track record of taking ownership of your work and supporting your collegues
- Understanding of business core functions including investor relations, marketing, communications, and HR
- Experience managing client relationships, with an ability to quickly forge strong professional relationships
You will be:
- Passionate about sustainability AND business
- An enthusiastic, reliable, and flexible team member
- Proactive and keen to take the initiative
- A self-starter — able to be fully productive from home — and take pride in your work
- Professional, friendly, and confident
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Articulate presenter
- Fast learner
- Commercially motivated
- Salary competitive
- Health insurance and generous vacation after qualifying period
Please send your resume, tailored cover letter, and links to sustainability reports you have worked on, including a description of your role in each report.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15th. Strictly no agencies, please apply directly.
- We are an international sustainability consultancy supporting clients with strategy, communications, and social media
- Our highly regarded team is a friendly, passionate trans-Atlantic community united in the belief that business can build a better world
- We’re strategic thinkers with a deep knowledge of sustainability and business, strong analytical skills, and a love of creative communications
- We’re proud to work with leading multi-national companies worldwide
- We take pride in everything we do, from the big ideas to the finer details
- We are planet and people positive and highly selective in the work we undertake
- We make the complex simple
- Fresh thinking.We have a point of view and are not afraid to challenge (politely)
- We value diversity and inclusion and mutual respect. We are an equal opportunities employer celebrating difference and encouraging insight, inspiration, and ideas from everyone.