BT’s latest Delivering our Purpose Report finds a welcome balance between ticking the boxes for sustainability experts and offering a clear, compelling narrative for other audiences.
It provides an update on progress towards 2020 goals to promote a connected society, support communities and deliver environmental benefits. Highlights include:
- helping more than 3.9 million people overcome social disadvantage through the benefits its products and services can bring since 2014-15
- helping more than 1.1 million children receive better teaching in computing and tech skills since the 2014-15 school year
- inspiring almost a third of employees to volunteer their time and skills in 2016/17
- using its skills and technology to generate more than £422 million for good causes since 2012-13
- helping customers cut their carbon footprints by 1.8 times its own end-to-end emissions in 2016/17.
The report also sets out how BT does business responsibly throughout the value chain from engaging with suppliers and employees to delivering great customer experience and contributing to wider society.
Experts will appreciate the clarity around BT’s materiality process and a comprehensive appendix with sustainability indices and additional detail on the company’s contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Read the report at www.bt.com/deliveringourpurpose.