About the company
- Context is a sustainability consultancy that supports clients on a range of strategy and communication projects.
- Our small but mighty team is a friendly, passionate trans-Atlantic community united in the belief that business can build a better world.
- We’re strategic thinkers with a deep knowledge of sustainability and business, strong analytical skills and a love of creative communications.
- We’re proud to work with leading companies worldwide including SIG Combibloc, Sonos, Ralph Lauren, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Medtronic.
- We take pride in everything we do, from the big ideas to the finer details.
- We only give advice we would take ourselves.
- We make the complex simple.
- Fresh thinking. We have a point of view and are not afraid to challenge (politely).
- We value our people and our partners. We welcome insight, inspiration and ideas from everyone.
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Project work. Working closely with Director and Senior Consultants, you’ll support on strategy (e.g. benchmarks, research projects, strategy development) and communications work (e.g. report-writing, key message development, presentation decks).
- Project management. As a key team member, you’ll be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time, to the required standard. Strategic thinking and quality control will be key. You’ll also need to maintain a financial overview of the account, and ensure that project budgets are stuck to.
- Client management. You will need to quickly develop a deep understanding of the company, individuals, and key strategies and programmes. You’ll build good working relationships with clients and will have the opportunity to lead client projects as you progress.
- Business development. You’ll help to identify new business opportunities with your client and pursuing them in order to grow the account. You’ll have the opportunity to develop proposals and be part of pitch teams with existing and new clients.
You will have:
- One to two years in-house or agency experience, working on strategy and/or communications projects
- Demonstrable business acumen with understanding of business strategies, marketing, communications theory, internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Experience managing multiple client relationships, with an ability to quickly forge strong professional relationships with a range of clients
- Excellent project management skills with ability to manage and collaborate with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to adopt a variety of styles
- Understanding of sustainability issues and/or interest in learning about sustainability. Interest in the food sector
You will be:
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and keen to take initiative
- Professional, friendly and confident
- Articulate presenter, able to make the complex simple
- Fast learner and comfortable in unfamiliar situations
- Creative, able to spot new opportunities to add value to the client
- A logical thinker able to think through and present clear processes and strategies
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Good team player and motivator
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- We offer our employees considerable flexibility in terms of working location and environment
- Salary negotiable
- Matched contribution to pension
- 20 days’ annual leave plus office closure over Christmas
Please send your CV, tailored cover letter and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We prefer London-based applicants who are available to start immediately.Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Strictly no agencies, please apply directly.